Re: Cataloging LDP

    KC> Greg, if you can help me by asking questions about issues which are of
    KC> concern to you and others, it could help me out.  I'll still do the
    KC> work, but feedback and input will help until the framework is done, then
    KC> it's on to the details (sorry Greg, foundation first, then I'll work on
    KC> the paint of the house next ;-)  )

OK.

I'd like you to have your system interacting with SGML / XML
markup. If we need to add new tags, we'll do it (*VERY* carefully) but
I'd like to have this system operating automatically without human
intervention (or with _very little_ intervention) it would be good.

The reason why that's important is that we can't stop every year or
two to make this catalogation. The computer should work for us and
we've already found that SGML / XML _is_ a good way to store /
retrieve information.

We could even create a catalog DTD and fill a
document_name.catalog.sgml (or xml) with some essential information to
speed up the process...

The other point is to make it easy to interact with OMF (installed at
iBiblio) to make searches on it.

See you.
--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações       Conectiva S.A.
Publishing Department             Conectiva Inc.