Re: Documentation Metrics

>>>>> On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 15:55:47 -0400, "David C. Merrill, Ph.D." <dcmerrill@mindspring.com> said:

    DCMPD> From: "Craig M. Buchek" <cbuchek@linuxgruven.com>
    >> From: David C. Merrill, Ph.D. [mailto:dcmerrill@mindspring.com]
    >> > 1. Audience Type
    >> > - application user
    >> > - programmer
    >> > - system administrator
    >>
    >> One document may apply to some or all.

    DCMPD> Indicate all that apply.

It could be based on the catalog that Kevin is building... Or it could
be used by Kevin. There are overlapping tasks here. I suggest that you
get in touch and divide them to make the process faster.

    DCMPD> Most documents only apply to one of these audiences, however. And a good
    DCMPD> argument can be made that a HOWTO that doesn't target one of these three
    DCMPD> should be split into two.

Sorry, could you explain it better? If one HOWTO applies to more than
one of these it should be split to match only one? (sorry... I'm
almost sleeping and trying to put LDP messages up to date)

    DCMPD> Seriously, though, this information is not going to be publicized. It is for
    DCMPD> my personal use, and perhaps for a few others that help me. And, if the
    DCMPD> document is really awful, I have no problem saying so. One thing you can
    DCMPD> count on me for is being honest about our shortcomings. How else can we
    DCMPD> address them?

If you don't mind, it would be interesting for an author to have
access to this information on her/his HOWTO/document. This way people
might know where they need to improve their document (besides
content).

See you.
--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações       Conectiva S.A.
Publishing Department             Conectiva Inc.