Re: Licensing.

On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 01:44:10PM -0700, Poet/Joshua Drake wrote:
> These are opinions not facts. Neither of us can ever prove the other wrong
> because both options will work to there own degree.
> I made this "survey" completely fair. To suggest anything outside of this
> is a mockery of respect and a complete show of idiocy.

Gentlement, let's keep quiet.

First, let's try to trust in each other.
Then I would like to recall you only the active authors will have the
right to vote, if we ever need to do this.

> Of course in the end it is our decision. Is it bad to receive external
> feedback to the matter? If you look at the question, it specifically
> states, What do you think? It does not state, make the decision for us.

I think you are too much partisan of commercial restriction, and David
is too much partisan of pure free software.

The question is not what we want but what the other authors want.

I'd also like a freedom of use for the LDP documents, including
commercial reprint and translation without formalities, but I will try to
be impartial on this issue until a decision has been taken.

I suggest you to do the same, you will have time to show your arguments,
both very interesting and valuable.

--
Guylhem P. Aznar                               http://www.linuxdoc.org
guylhem \@/ metalab.unc.edu                    http://www.iMedecin.com