Re: LDP integration with LWN and Freshmeat

On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 10:57:27AM +0100, Stein Gjoen wrote:
> Freshmeat people first. They have a ticker service for outgoing
> news so I would hazard the guess they would not have any
> problems with a reverse process. Before that we also need to
> get feedback from the HOWTO authors already registered to see
> if they wish to join in an automated approach or remain with
> the manuyal submission system. So how about it, what do you
> feel? Your actual experience with Freshmeat in practice would
> also be useful.

I think we don't have a fully automated submit ; however each document
shows on ldp-submit and this could be helpful : maybe a freshmeat or lwn
member could submit to the list and post updates?

We could else write an app to post the first lines of each submitted
document (but since ldp-submit is an open mailing list it could cause
problems ; we need a sort of moderation before posting the announces)

--
Guylhem P. Aznar                               http://www.linuxdoc.org
guylhem \@/ metalab.unc.edu             http://metalab.unc.edu/guylhem

PGP signature