Re: LDP integration with LWN and Freshmeat

Guylhem Aznar wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 10:35:27AM +0100, Stein Gjoen wrote:
> > I contacted LWN and got very positive feedback, so the plan
> > now is to submit once or twice a month 5-10 lines on LDP news.
>
> Great news!
>
> > So I contacted Freshmeat and have heard nothing since.
> > I hoped we could add links to Debian style bug tracking
> > since the increased profile is likely to generate a lot
> > more traffic than we have seen up to now. If the LDP
> > could interface directly with Freshmeat it would be
> > saving the authors some work.
>
> Could you write a script that would announce each new HOWTO to
> freshmeat?

I could try but we need to get more information back from the
Freshmeat people first. They have a ticker service for outgoing
news so I would hazard the guess they would not have any
problems with a reverse process. Before that we also need to
get feedback from the HOWTO authors already registered to see
if they wish to join in an automated approach or remain with
the manuyal submission system. So how about it, what do you
feel? Your actual experience with Freshmeat in practice would
also be useful.

> I'm merging my script and soon Greg one (converts HOWTOs to DocBook) to
> do all this automatically from metalab.
>
> > You know, I really like feedback on this. Go on, you can
> > do it. I keep proposing a few things now and then and it
> > all ends in thundering silence. I cannot pretend to
>
> No, I really like your ideas and I think we are moving in the right
> direction.

Thanks and yes, I feel we are moving forward now.

Regards,
   Stein Gjoen