Re: TOCs in articles?

-
> both use <article>... </article> as the overall element. There appears
> to be no way to generate a TOC for this type of document.  Is that
> correct?
>
> Am I missing something?  Or is it the style of all new HOWTOs to *NOT*
> have a TOC at the beginning?

You need to either :

1) create your howto using the ldp.dsl DSSSL stylesheet
or
2) create your own.

Why?...because this is the variable that causes the toc to be generated:

    (define %generate-part-toc%
     #t)

By default, it is set to "#f" (FALSE) for those instances that
have a top-level container element of <article>, but it's "#t"
(TRUE) for <book>.

Hence, you're seeing the default behavior of the DocBook DSSSL
stylesheets. You need to override that processing instruction.

	Ferg

--
Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg@sgi.com
SGI Tech Pubs     - http://techpubs.sgi.com  |