Re: New HOWTO

From: <Richard.Sigle@equifax.com>
> I am interested in creating documentation that covers configuring
Apache,
> ModSSL, and Openssl with its main focus on installing certificates.

Please look at the Apache+SSL+PHP+fp HOWTO. It is at
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Apache+SSL+PHP+fp.html It seems to
cover the same ground. However, it also was last updated in July of 1998!
:(

I just wrote to the author (Marcus Faure) to see if he plans on updating
it and maintaining it.

It is released under *no* license. Yep, no license or copyright mentioned
at all. What kind of legal standing does that give it? Is it in the public
domain? Or, as I seem to recall, is it automatically copyrighted under US
law even without a copyright statement, and therefore dead if we can't
contact him?

And, does the fact that he appears to be in Germany (email is
marcus@faure.de) make any difference?

Regards,

--
David C. Merrill, Ph.D.