Re: howto request

From: "Kyle Davis" <fandelem@hotmail.com>
> a little explanation:
> over the past month or so, i've been asked by a bunch of my friends
> repetitive questions.. so i decided to write a webpage on the questions
they
> asked.. and then i figured i might as well try to make it into a
'howto' -
> or atleast a 'mini-howto'.
>
> my question:
> would this be any use to you? it focuses (right now.. it will soon be
made
> usable in most of the popular distros) on redhat 6.x with dialup
internet
> access..  i posted the link on linuxnewbie.org and the first couple days
it
> received a good 250 hits.. but i haven't gotten that much feedback yet..
> i'm online a good portion of the day and if anyone emails me changes or
> suggestions i'll usually have them up by the days end :)
>
> anyways-- the website right now is: http://www.fandelem.com/nhf.html
>
> it's not in SGML, however.. i have never worked with SGML.. but i spent
an
> hour or so making it look like howto's usually look, if that's anything
> consider :)

There is already a home networking HOWTO, which you can see at
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Home-Network-mini-HOWTO.html

Your document seems to cover a few things the first doesn't, and vice
versa. My recommendation is that you contribute your work to the author of
the original (Paul Ramsey, pramsey@refractions.net) and work out a
co-authorship arrangement with him. One of you, or both, will have to
integrate the two.

Regards,

--
David C. Merrill, Ph.D.