Information on the history of jade and openjade

The best way to learn about something is to teach it.

With that in mind, I'm giving a presentation about SGML and how
the LDP is using it at the Linux Expo in Toronto at the end of
October, and again in Paris in January.

I'm getting into the differences between jade and openjade
and am running into a bit of a block of why they're being developed
separately.  If anyone has information about how these two are
related (or not), I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, it looks like OpenJade is being split into OpenJade and
OpenSP, with OpenSP doing the validation and leaving OpenJade
to do the actual 'rendering' into the various output formats.  Is
this correct?

-Mark