Re: License policy proposal

>On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 08:13:06AM -0700, Poet/Joshua Drake wrote:
>> What a person does outside of the LDP, is their concern. Not ours. If we
>> don't want people framing our pages then we need to only allow mirroring
>> of docs, not the site.
>
>Not so.  Only we have the power to prevent this by prohibiting it in a
>license (or at lease by recommending such a license).  If we fail to
>act, then by our inaction we are allowing all kinds of obtrusive
>advertising.

That is one of the points of "free"dom. The "free"dom to do what you
like as long as your provide any changes back.

I will not give my support to a proposal that limits the freedom of people
who are propagating the documentation we publish. It is not our
responsibility. We are not the Internet police. If somebody
wants to put up a site that has banners all over it. Let them.

If the person reading the documentation doesn't like the way it is
displayed, they can find another resource for it.

Joshua Drake

--
<COMPANY>CommandPrompt	- http://www.commandprompt.com	</COMPANY>
<PROJECT>OpenDocs, LLC.	- http://www.opendocs.org	</PROJECT>