Re: Voila! A compromise!

    Another reason that I'm opposed to segregating the docs is that it is
    part of what the Poet calls a "compromise".  This means that we would
    make our requirements less free and begin to accepts docs that
    prohibit commercial print publication

Maybe we are talking about two different compromises.
The plan as I understood it was to segregate the existing
non-free documents, and not accept any more of them.

One can imagine another plan, which is to segregate the non-free
documents, and keep on accepting non-free documents on the same
conditions as before.  I think it would be foolish for the LDP to
accept any non-free documents, but I already explained why so I won't
repeat it.

The LDP could also segregate the non-free documents and start welcoming
even more of them, but it makes no sense to consider that.