Style in DSSSL is a failure (Was: First Open Source Documentation Summit at the O'Reilly Open Source Convention

On Wednesday 19 July 2000, at 15 h 47, the keyboard of Sebastian Rahtz
<sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> wrote:

> > No. It is buggy, it does not handle non-english languages (french typography,
> > for instance).
>
> you should be doing that in the DSSSL.

Yes, but nobody did it (I write documentation, I do not plan to write
documentation tools). That's the big failure of DSSSL. It was supposed to
reinvent the wheel and to redo everything which babel already did. It failed.
Period.