Re: DocBook XML

David Lloyd <lloy0076@rebel.net.au> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I've noticed that the official version of DocBook 5.0 will be an XML DTD
> as opposed to an SGML and XML release. Assuming that LDP will use
> DocBook 5.0 once it becomes stable, where does this lead us?
>
> * should we use DocBook 4.1 XML or DocBook 4.1 SGML

By now we're supporting only 3.1 SGML. I think that we'll start with
4.1 SGML and move on to 4.1 XML. The tags are the same on both
versions. When using 5.0, we'll be moving to XML as we're doing with
4.1 by that time.

See you,
--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações       Conectiva S.A.
Publishing Department             Conectiva Inc.