Re: Building TOCs - can this be in the LDP-Authors-Guide ?

On Jul 12, 12:43pm, Hal Burgiss wrote:
> Subject: Re: Building TOCs - can this be in the LDP-Authors-Guide ?
> On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 12:03:39PM +0000, Kevin Taylor wrote:
> [...]
> > Many thanks for this document - I got me writing
> > SGML very quickly.  I just need a bit of help
> > with the TOC and I am there !
>
> I am getting a decent TOC. I am a little reluctant to offer
> suggestions at this point, but did you follow instructions for the
> ldp.dsl? IIRC, that has something to do with TOC. A second opinion
> would be a good thing ;)

Well, ldp.dsl is our customized stylesheet which overrides various
default values. Here are the relevant TOC-related portions of ldp.dsl:

-----

(define %generate-article-toc%
  ;; Should a Table of Contents be produced for Articles?
  ;; If true, a Table of Contents will be generated for each 'Article'.
  #t)

(define %generate-part-toc%
  #t)

(define %section-autolabel%
  ;; For enumerated sections (1.1, 1.1.1, 1.2, etc.)
  #t)

(define (toc-depth nd)
  ;; more depth, 2 levels, to toc, instead of flat hierarchy
  2)

-----

--
Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg@sgi.com