Re: PostgreSQL HowTo

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> I would like to request that the ownership of the PostgreSQL HowTo be
> transferred to an active member of the Postgres development community.

Sorry -- but what exactly do you mean by "ownership" ?

Ownership as in "you can't do anything with this because I'm now the
legally defined owner and I'll sue you if you try"; or "editorial
responsibility, and I don't give two hoots who legally owns it" ?

The first is going to bring the sky down on your head; the second will
be welcomed by people like myself, particularly as:

> We can directly support the DocBook markup, and can ensure that
> information in the HowTo is accurate and on topic.

Besides which, in case of difficulty, you can always publish an
"[Un]Official PostgreSQL HOWTO" as an alternative to the one already in
existence, and let the readership decide.
Quality will always win.

msw
--
Martin Wheeler         -         StarTEXT - Glastonbury - BA6 9PH - England
[1] mwheeler@startext.co.uk                      http://www.startext.co.uk/