Re: HOWTO-HOWTO recommendations

On Jun 8,  9:35am, Stein Gjoen wrote:
> Subject: Re: HOWTO-HOWTO recommendations
>
> > Right now there are (at least) 3 versions of this template floating
> > around. Who does own it (Stein)? Were my changes taken?
>
> I started the process by writing the first one, then someone (two?)
> made a DocBook version of it. And yesterday I made a substantial
> update to it.
>
> I am not sure what changes you refer to, is it 'md'? That was not
> changed. No doubt more updates will come.
>
> > Once it's ready, yes, we need to plunk this into an "authors" area,
> > reference it the H-H, and put it into CVS (imo). I can do that,
> > whenever it's ready for general consumption.
>
> What about a link?
> 	http://www.nyx.net/~sgjoen/template.sgml

Ok, that's the linuxdoc one. I did some work on the DocBook one, and
I'm not sure where the other permutations are. Anyway, my copy
(processed to HTML with a link to the SGML source) can be found at:

HTML:

   http://metalab.unc.edu/gferg/ldp/template/

and the SGML:

  http://metalab.unc.edu/gferg/ldp/template/big-howto-template.sgml

> > We need to clean up that "Author/Contribute" box a bit. I'd recommend
> > you reference the template inside the H-H, only so that they can
> > rev independant of one another.
>
> Good idea.

We can make both templates available on the site (and checked-in to CVS)
if we think they're ok for public consumption.

regards,

--
Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg@sgi.com
SGI Tech Pubs     - http://techpubs.sgi.com  |