Re: Work Machine - Part2

Hello,

Part of this machine is to provide a work environment for the Authors of
the LDP.
The authors will have personal space to be able to process their sgml
for testing before
submission.

This will also be a web dev machine for some automatic submission
process and user comment
tracking via the web.

It will also be a CVS mirror.

--- ----

Security considerations are taken into account.

You will only be able to access this machine via SSH (no telnet, rlogin
etc...).

I am not sure about FTP yet. I am thinking SCP is a better solution
(possibly a web based interface instead, through SSL).

All external ports will be blocked except for 80 using IPCHAINS.(http)

All services (named, portmap, nfsd, pop3, shell etc...) will be
disabled.

Quotas will be put in place (mainly to keep track of usage more than
anything)

<COMPANY>CommandPrompt  - http://www.commandprompt.com  </COMPANY>
<PROJECT>OpenDocs, LLC. - http://www.opendocs.org       </PROJECT>
<PROJECT>LinuxPorts     - http://www.linuxports.com     </PROJECT>
<WEBMASTER>LDP          - http://www.linuxdoc.org       </WEBMASTER>
--
Instead of asking why a piece of software is using "1970s technology,"
start asking why software is ignoring 30 years of accumulated wisdom.