Re: DocBook Walkthrough?

> DocBook isn't about output, it's about content.  I use the cygnus rpm
> scripts and wrappers.  They are, as you said, just a frontend to jade, like
> everything else.  All of the frontends should provide some sort of method to
> use an alternative stylesheet, so it doesn't seem like a big deal to me.
> Why do you want to write your own front ends, when there are already at
> least two other groups of people writing these?

Why? I was waiting for that question. My short answer: pretty much for
the same reason I'm writing the LinuxFromScratch book. Why do i want to
go through all the trouble of installing an LFS book when I can just get
my Debian cdrom and install it?

A reason for me writing my own front-ends: teaches me more. This way I
need to know quite a bit how to work with stylesheets, how to use them
with jade and all that stuff. Currently I don't know all that much about
this entire stylesheets/dsssl (is it the same? I don't think so but i
can't figure out everything simultanously ;), dtd's isn't that easy to
figure out in a week or two but i'm getting there. The 'almost flames'
to my messages are most useful.

I just have a thing for doing things myself and not relying on somebody
elses tools. If I could, I would write a linux kernel from scratch
myself, but i'm not a programmer so that will just never happen...

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

-*- If Linux doens't have the solution, you have the wrong problem -*-