Re: Report on LDP at Montreal

On Sun, Apr 16, 2000 at 03:17:41PM -0400, Gary Lawrence Murphy wrote:

> Further to this, the Ottawa Citizen website has a review of the
> conference which claims that although 6000 attendees were expected,
> they only had about 500, and very few of these were corporate
> interests.  This is consistent with my own guess, although I think
> there were well over 2000 exhibit visitors over the two days.  If
> their 500 figure is correct, though, it means almost every attendee
> walked away with an LDP handout.

If I'm remembering correctly, I arrived with 100 copies and then made
200 more plus 60 more in the final hours.  That's 360.  Now some of
the visitors were other exhibitors.  Perhaps 10% of people that came
by our booth didn't take one.  These two may cancel so lets say 360
non-exhibitors visited us.  But since we were not in the main traffic
stream a lot of people must have missed us.  So 500 seems a little
low.  If only about 500 paid for admission which I'm told was 20$
(=$13.66 US) then could others (gate-crashers) have sneaked in some
way?
--
			David Lawyer