Re: sgml tools help

Taketoshi Sano <kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp> wrote:
>  Tom Fawcett <fawcett@mindspring.com> writes:
> > Are there instructions anywhere that explain, start to finish, how to
> > install a set of working tools for converting DocBook documents into
> > (tex,pdf,html,txt)?
>[CLIP]
> sgmltools command should have its manpage. Can't you read it by "man
> sgmltools" ?
>
> for html, use "sgmltools -b html <sgml files>"

I'm glad it's this simple for you.  I get:

% sgmltools -b html Bootdisk-HOWTO.sgml
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/bin/sgmltools", line 81, in ?
    tool.processFile(curfile)
  File "/usr/share/sgml/misc/sgmltools/python/SGMLtools.py", line 218, in processFile
    dssslfile = utils.findStylesheet(stylesheet, self._aliases)
  File "/usr/share/sgml/misc/sgmltools/python/utils.py", line 307, in findStylesheet
    return findStylesheet(name, aliases)
  File "/usr/share/sgml/misc/sgmltools/python/utils.py", line 317, in findStylesheet
    raise IOError, "Couldn't resolve pubid [%s]" % id
IOError: Couldn't resolve pubid ["-//SGMLtools//DOCUMENT Docbook Style Sheet for HTML//EN"]
Exit 1

I have some idea what it's complaining about, having spent much time
already manually fixing up CATALOG and /usr/share/sgml/ files.
Indeed, I know more about sgmltools than I ever wanted to.

I haven't yet found a package that installs successfully with correct
catalog files, file permissions, entity filenames, etc.  Maybe I'm just
very unluckly.  This is what led to my question.

-Tom