Re: Proposed announcement etc, 3.rd revision

"der.hans" wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Stein Gjoen wrote:
>
> I think the text for the announcement looks great.

Ahhh.

> > WEB PAGES
> >        The  LDP       now has its own dedicated web site as do many of
> >        the various translations projects which        are  linked  from
> >        the main LDP web site at http://www.linuxdoc.org/
>
> Got some extra space in here and elsewhere in the manpage. I don't see
> why, but I'm also not familiar with the manpage tools.

I noticed that the very same line was spaced out (!) differently
between two different runs even though the words on that line
was unchanged. I noticed it using tkdiff and I was mystified but
could not find a good reason for what happened.

> I'd like to suggest we start using capitalization for the LinuxDoc domain,
> e.g. http://www.LinuxDoc.org/ or <ldp-announce@lists.LinuxDoc.org>. Just
> my personal preference. I think it looks better.

Sounds good, coming up.

> > MAILING LISTS
> >        LDP  has       a  number  of   mailing lists, mostly of use for
> >        authors:
> >
> >        <ldp-announce@lists.linuxdoc.org>
> >             Announcements from the LDP project
> >
> >        <ldp-discuss@lists.linuxdoc.org>
> >             General discussion on the LDP project
> >
> >        To join these lists send a mail with a body of "subscribe"
> >        to  <ldp-announce-request@lists.linuxdoc.org> or <ldp-dis-
> >        cuss-request@lists.linuxdoc.org> respectively. These mail-
> >        ing lists are also archived at the LinuxDoc site.
> >

> > FILES
> >        Most  distributions  include the HOWTOs and mini-HOWTOs in
> >        the installation
> >        /usr/doc/           (most documentation is here)
> >        /usr/doc/HOWTO/        (HOWTO files)
> >        /usr/doc/HOWTO/mini/  (mini-HOWTO files)
> >
> > SEE ALSO
> >        man(1), info(1)
> >
> >        info pages as read with emacs(1) or info(1).
>
> This works great.
>
> > LOCATION
> >        The Multi Disk HOWTO is located at /usr/doc/LDP/
>
> I think I missed out on part of the discussion, but is there a reason this
> points to /usr/doc/LDP instead of /usr/doc/HOWTO? If it's about HOWTOs I'd
> think it should point at the latter especially since the latter exists :).

The reason is technically known as an error on my part. 8-) That
too will be fixed.

Regards,
   Stein Gjoen