Re: First time writer...

Guylhem Aznar <guylhem@metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 11:09:22AM +0100, jdd wrote:
> > >No I'm currently processing the HOWTOs.
> >
> > shouldn't it be possible to have an automatic receipt, just to say "we
> > have received your work and are processing it, don't worry..."
>
> I'm going to study that possibility.

I've always been confused about this.  Why isn't the submission process
automated?  The LDP already requires that authors submit error-free SGML
source, and requires that authors use only sgmltools in document
preparation, and mandates either LinuxDoc or DocBook.  What's the point of
these requirements if not to automate the submission process?

-Tom