Re: sgml-tools for Linuxdoc

Hi.

In <Pine.LNX.4.10.10001181638410.21273-100000@wallybox.cei.net>,
 at Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 16:44:25 -0600 (CST),
  on Subject: Re: sgml-tools for Linuxdoc,
   Tim <tjbynum@wallybox.cei.net> writes:

> > I compared to the text version on Metalabs and that has the same
> > problems as I have on my own Debian machine. What version is
> > used to generate the version at Metalab I do not know, perhaps
> > someone can come forward and inform us on this list.
>
> I currently use SGML-Tools version 1.0.7 to process all the docs.

Thank you for your information.

I found that the JF patch which I have applied to my Debian package
has the fix for that <TT> tags in <SECT> header break in the <TOC>.
(It is implemented as just simply to remove those tags from <TOC> area.)

If you wish to fix this problem, feel free to use our Debian diff
from <http://www.debian.org/Packages/unstable/text/sgml-tools.html>
or JF patch from:
 <http://www.linux.or.jp/JF/workshop/archives/diff.sgml-tools-1.0.9.jf6.gz>

 (This is based on 1.0.9-6 of Debian package. I will update this
  several days or weeks later since some bugs are found now and
  will be fixed in coming 1.0.9-8 of Debian package.)

There are also source RPM provided by one of JF members based on this patch:
 <ftp://ftp.jaist.ac.jp/pub/os/linux/Vine/VineSeed/SRPMS/sgml-tools-1.0.9_jp-6.2.src.rpm>

This source rpm is intended to be used for a local distribution in Japan
which is based on RedHat 6.1 (perhaps), but it may be usable on other RedHat
base distributions.

Note: I am going on to maintain the Debian package of this sgml-tools v1
for backward compatibility. I intend to do bug fixes, but do not have a plan
to add some special new features mostly.

I myself consider to learn docbook DTD personally (though I am too busy to do so
now), and I think the migration to docbook from linuxdoc is a good thing.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>