Re: mailing list archives

On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 02:46:41PM -0500, Greg Ferguson wrote:
> On Jan 25, 11:31am, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
>
> > Perhaps we could have a complete archive at the master site, with
> > only the latest 3 months or something mirrored?
>
> Yes, I was thinking that may be appropriate. I wanted to hear
> what the group thought.
>
> Cutting off at a particular time frame could (potentially) break
> up the threads of discussion, so we would have to massage the
> files properly to indicate this (or reference the master site
> if one wished to see "the rest of the discussion"...something
> along those lines).

How about using absolute reference to these messages? Instead of using
a relative path, we could make the indexer point to the master
site. This way there's no need to mirror all messages and there's no
problem of broken references...

--
Godoy.	<godoy@conectiva.com.br>               GPG Fingerprint
                                         851B B620 626D 2AD0 E783

Except where explicitly stated I speak on my own behalf.
Exceto onde explicitado as declarações aqui feitas são apenas minhas.