Re: Critique of draft GNU Free Documentation License v1.0

In <200001130639.XAA13096@aztec.santafe.edu> on Wed, 12 Jan 2000
23:39:12 -0700 (MST), you wrote:

>The choice is yours, but with this requirement, I couldn't consider
>your documents as free software.

This is the point, I think. I am writing a HOWTO (maybe, it will grow
to a whole manual) on using wine and discussed several licenses.
I still have a restricted license. But I would prefer GNU Public
License or GNU Free documentation License.

One thing is not to be wanted to be removed as author. As far as I
understand, the GNU License would not allow that.
On the other Hand, everyone publishing derivate work has to publish it
with the same license. If I would skip working, why the hell should I
mind if someone completed my work?

Okay, The License is a bit long. But we are not in times of 300 Baud
modems and the License could be put to the end of the document with a
link at the beginning, couldnīt it?

Sorry for my bad english, but I am not a natice speaker.

cu

Jutta