Re: sgml-tools

Hi.

In <19991221193919.A10321@chaser.ttssolutions.org>,
 at Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 19:39:19 -0500,
  on Subject: sgml-tools,
   Gerard Beekmans <glb@dds.nl> writes:

> I know I've asked this question before and I think more people have
> asked this before. Compiling sgml-tools 1.0.9 is a disaster. Every
> single file gives a ton of warnings and won't compile. A while ago my
> ssytem was pretty messed up (compiler wise) so I though these problems
> were related to the broken compiler. Now that the system is fixed, I
> still have this compilation problem. I also have tried to compile the
> same archive on several other machines with a negative result.

Have you tried "./configure --with-installed-nsgmls" ?

 sgml-tools 1.0.9 has Version 1.2.1 of "sp", but Debian package
of sgml-tools does not compile it at all. Instead it uses "nsgmls"
command from "sp" package, which is built from jade 1.3.3 source tree.

> Please spare your breath if you're going to give suggestions like
> 'install the Debian/RedHat/whatever package'. Sure, the packages install
> fine and the tools work marvelous. But I need to compile the tools
> manually for the howto I'm writing (lfs-howto ; how to build your own
> self-built linux system -> this means no use of binary packages and such).
>
> The people who maintain packages like the Debian one got the program to
> work obviously; so there must be an answer somewhere out there on how
> to successfully compile. I'm trying to find that answer. Hopefully
> somebody here can give me a hint on how to proceed?

The package of sgml-tools is available not only binary form, but also
in source form (source package). You can find some hints by checking
that source package.

Hope your helps.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>