Re: Informal survey (was Re: Banner ads)

> I do websites/internet stuff for a living, and commercially I wouldn't
> accept all this sniping. To be honest it never happens anyway in a
> commerical eviroment, everyone tends to be fairly professional. They can

The LDP is *not* a commercial organisation. We don't have any masters
here. We have no contracted obligations to do as we're told. We are each
volunteer contributors and do not need to conform to your measure of
"professionalism".

> critique without insults. I'm not sure why doing something as esentially a
> voulenteer suddenly means everyone can pile on you, or go behind your back
> and attempt to undo what you've done. They website is fine. It is not
> flashy, but that is normal for Linux sites. On top of that, I would bet if
> you came up with something 200% better they would put it up. As for the
> banner, if you care that much about it, you are a great candidate to get
> more involved. Logos are there to help give an organization an identity,
> they can be very effective. They are not for vanity, trust me.

I'll listen to it and consider it, but we should trust your opinion on
this subject, why exactly?

regards
Terry

--